Barrie migrated to Australia from England in 1982 and worked from 1982 until 1984 for Dawson Waldron (now part of Ashurst), one of Australia’s largest law firms.
In 1984, Barrie established his own firm, now known as Goldsmiths Lawyers. Since that time, the firm has acquired an enviable reputation in the areas of law in which it specialises.
- Is a Past President of the Australia – Singapore Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Is a Past Vice President of the Australia – Korean Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Has been actively involved in the activities of the Australia – British Chamber of Commerce and Industry and the Australia – China Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Has been involved in a number of other activities of a bilateral nature.
- Speaks regularly at seminars and conferences both in Australia and overseas.
- Is regularly interviewed on topics in which the firm specialises.